Happiness is a warm wheat pita!

4:36 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
This morning I went in for my lovely upper GI endoscopy! The waiting room filled up quickly and I could tell the staff was running behind. It didn't help they were experiencing technological difficulties. I felt bad for them because they seemed really overwhelmed! My appointment was about 30 minutes late, but hey, that's life.

I was called back there and was given a lovely hospital gown. It was such a gorgeous shade of blue, I think it looked lovely on me. And it wasn't 3,000 sizes too big! The nurse came back to insert my IV, I let her use my arm that wasn't completely bruised from the past few weeks. Apparently she could still tell where I had been stuck at. Luckily she got a vein the first time. She was really nice to me and before I knew it, I was being rolled back into the room. I was determined to stay somewhat coherent during the procedure. It was my goal. I didn't want to feel anything but I didn't want to be dead to the world either. So here's how it went.

Nurse: How are you feeling today?
Me: I'm alive and kicking.
Nurse: Do you have any circulation issues that would prevent us from putting your bp cuff around your leg?
Me: I have Raynauds if that counts?
***Doctor casually strolls into room***
Doctor: How are you today?
Me: I'm fantastic, not really, but I'm awesome at make believe time.
Doctor: So do you want your Mom to know what's going on after the test?
Me: Unless something horrific happens like you accidentally punch a hole through my stomach with your magical tube, I'll tell her. She tends to get a little spazzy.
Doctor: OK, do you think you will be understand what I write on the discharge sheet?
Me: I can read French, Latin, and Hebrew. I think I can understand your medical jargon.
***Nurse starts injecting me with lovely goodness***
Doctor: It says you are single, never married. 23 is a bit young to get married I suppose.
Me: I don't mind commitment but I don't think anyone would want to commit to me.
Doctor: Don't tell sell yourself short.
Me: I just haven't done much looking here lately. I kind of like someone but it's complicated.
***Doctor starts staring at my vitals and looking at my chart***
***I'm gone, out like a light.***

I failed! I completely failed! I wanted to be awake, it was so evil. Gah! When I woke up I kept feeling like I was watching television when I wasn't. I hope I didn't say anything embarrassing. That is my biggest fear whenever I get sedated. I'm not worried about having my stomach punctured or an allergic reaction. No, I'm worried about saying something odd.

Anyway, my stomach isn't emptying properly, no bueno! I'm now taking Reglan before my meals and I don't know whether it was because I was still slightly sedated or what? But it did make me incredibly "happy" mixed with a touch of sleepiness. I'm better now. I don't know if there will be results in a few days from anything. Tomorrow I have an appointment with an cardiac electrophysiologist. Maybe then he can figure out what is going on with my heart.

Oh and I have news, big news... Drum roll please.


I have been approved by insurance to see a periodontist! That means insurance will hopefully help cover the surgeries I need. That means I won't have to put a Honda in my mouth, only a Kia! YAY! That's all the news I have for now. Oh and the people from Life Is Good asked for my address today! That's super exciting for me, I love a good surprise! Also I love wheat pita bread heated up in a non stick pan sprayed with some non stick cooking spray. If you let the pita get slightly brown and crispy, take it out of the pan, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and add a sprinkle of salt, it equals complete happiness!

Loverly Lupie Me