Het is gegaan kaputtsky!

7:22 PM Posted In , Edit This 2 Comments »
For those of you who don't understand Dutch, the title is "It has gone kaputt!" Kaput basically means death, but not like human. For example, this evening I was making a gigantic pot of tea so I could make my herbal ice tea. I noticed the kettle was leaking from underneath the handle. This troubled my Mother so, she has never had to buy a tea kettle before. The one we have was a hand me down, my Granny received it as a gift long ago, then she gave it to my Mother. It's Corningwear and she loves it because of the German print on the sides. When I saw the "I'm going to fix it" wheels turning in her head, I told her it couldn't be fixed with gorilla glue or duct tape. Mother looked awfully crest fallen.

Yesterday I was thinking to myself that things were going fairly good for me medically. Silly me spoke too soon! I met with my new Primary Care Physician this morning and it feels like a good fit. She wanted me to get one of my prescriptions switched over to another doctor. I just called CVS and they got the request and filled my script! I was so worried that the other doctor wouldn't fill it for some odd reason. But based on my medical history, it's a vital pill, it allows me to eat, it calms me down, and it can help me to sleep. It's a miracle pill for me. But I have a lot of miracle pills in my stash.

Anyways, once I got home from my appointment, I started to feel a tad bit cruddy. My bp was 90/50 at the doctor's office. When I got home situated, it had dropped to 90/40. I was freezing cold, my temperature was going between 96 and 96.5 degrees Fahrenheit. My normal temperature is around 99 degrees Fahrenheit so this was a bit on the low side for me. My resting pulse would jump from 80 bpm to 140 bpm which is a common occurrence for someone with inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Needless to say, I was feeling quiet pathetic and my body was having a bit of a hissy fit. It had to prove how dissatisfied it was with me by making me pass out twice. Luckily it happened in my room, when I stood up, so there wasn't much for me to hit my head on and I landed on carpet. I can't tell if I passed out because of the low blood pressure or from the tachycardia. IST can cause syncope but so can blood pressure problems. Another mystery of my life!

I'm feeling better but still feel a little on the wonky side. I've got more color in my face, I was looking a bit jaundiced earlier. Again, it could be a side effect from the diltiazem or it might mean lupus starting to wreck havoc. I'm not looking jaundiced anymore so that's a good sign. Plus I've got some color back in my face because earlier I was looking pale as a ghost. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

I didn't get around to doing the dishes like my Dad wanted me to do. I was afraid he was going to be mad at me but I left him a note. I explained that I was sick but I didn't expect him to understand. He tends understands for a couple of days, then he forgets, and he goes back to being inconsiderate. Mom says he is starting to get over the weekend, which is good, because he isn't acting like it. When I came downstairs to make my oatmeal this morning, he didn't even say hello to me when he came in the kitchen. He pretended I wasn't even there. I didn't bother speaking to him because he usually only mumbles under his breath to me.

Well I'm watching an awesome episode of House and I'm exhausted. The past few days have been rough and that has worn me down to the core. I just want to thank everyone who reads this, in some way, each of you has supported me. Y'all rock!

Bisous!
Loverly Lupie Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting faint feelings or actually fainting or blacking out when you stand up is called orthostatic hypotension. I gets it too. It's ok though, just kinda dangle your feet for a few seconds before you stand up so your blood doesn't come rushing from your head to your feet too fast. And when you feel a faint or black out coming on, try crouching or bending over so your head is the same level as your heart.

Loverly Lupie Me said...

Wow, with my balance, crouching would cause me to crash on the floor! Have you forgotten how uncoordinated I am?