Medical Emergency Update Finale

7:42 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Well I'm still sick. It's really no fun. I'm so exasperated. I'll finish off where I left off on my last post.

  • 11:20 PM arrive at St. Mary's.
  • 11:30 PM see the triage nurse.
  • 11:35 PM told to wait despite severe chest pain, dizziness, fading in and out of consciousness, dehydration, difficulty breathing, nausea, and tremors.
  • 12:45 AM taken back to ER, hooked up to monitors, EKG performed. Left for dead.
  • 6:00 AM doctor comes in and says it's not your heart, we can't admit you.
  • 7:00 AM cardiovascular specialist comes in and says he can run a $600 test insurance won't cover. Given nitroglycerin under the tongue, 2 Motrin, and 1 Lortab.
  • 7:30 AM released from ER, room spinning, forced to walk out on my own, still having chest pain, dizziness, difficulty breathing, nausea, weakness, dehydration.
  • 8:00 AM got home, couldn't make it up the stairs, collapsed on ledge. Mom called rheumy, rheumy called other doctors and hospitals.
  • 8:30 AM chest pain got much worse (as if it could become any more painful and my tolerance for pain is unreal), couldn't get enough air, nauseated, lost all color, lips turning blue, shaking terribly, freezing cold.
  • 9:00 AM Mom ran up to CVS to get me a special version of my promethazine in hopes I could take it so I could take other meds.
  • 9:30 AM promethazine didn't work, still had symptoms listed above along with confusion.
  • 10:00 AM Mom called 911 again after rheumy told her to. EMT's came.
  • 10:05 AM in ambulance, given 2 baby aspirin, oxygen, saline IV, 1 nitroglycerin tablet.
  • 10:10 AM throat became very tight, felt like only a bit of air was passing through. Could breathe through nose but nothing wanted to go into my lungs.
  • 10:15 AM arrived at Henrico Doctor's ER cardiac unit, placed in hallway.
  • 10:30 AM received yet another EKG.
  • 11:15 AM placed in room, wasn't hooked up to any monitors, blood work taken.
  • 12:00 PM Mom complains, they finally hook me up to get my pulse.
  • 1:00 PM Mom complains again that IV bag is empty.
  • 2:00 PM find out that I will be admitted to ER due to abnormal blood work.
  • 3:00 PM have to have a stress echo test. Held up on treadmill while being forced to walk.
  • 3:45 PM find out that I do indeed have heart murmur, still unsure about prolapsed valve, definitely have arthritis in rib cage.
  • 4:30 PM taken up to private room in TCU.
  • 5: 00 PM in bed, telling nurse all the information I have previously recited to every other nurse, doctor, EMT I had met in the past 48 hours.
  • 7:00 PM Ariel comes by to hang out with me for a bit. It was great to have bff there to make me laugh, but we found out laughing was bad because my pulse and bp jumped and chest hurt. Also given dinner tray that looked like death on a plate filled with items I could not safely consume.
  • 9:00 PM Ariel had to go home but Ashley came to spend the night. Of course she filled me in on her life and I filled her in on the lack of my life.
  • 10:00 PM given evening meds along with medication to keep my bp and pulse low.
  • 4:00 AM IV saline bag switched out.
  • 5:00 AM blood work and vitals taken.
  • 7:00 AM Ashley left for work:(
  • 7:30 AM world's worst doctor came in to say blood work looked better and he wanted to release me.
  • 8:00 AM Jodie from church stopped by. Rheumy call, rheumy mad at other doctors, not me.
  • 9:45 AM Jodie left.
  • 12:00 PM given most disgusting and inedible lunch ever.
  • 2:00 PM discharged, still sick though, bff's bf came to get me.
  • 2:40 PM got home.
  • 3:00 PM after taking a while to get up stairs, made it up, weak, woozy, out of breath with guess what, chest pains!
So yes, the past few have been hell. I've lost 10 pounds in four days. I'm still experiencing the same symptoms. Saw a new doctor today at the advice of my Godmother. Couldn't see the doctor she wanted me to see but saw one in the practice. I'm on a 7 day elimination diet, no additives, processed foods, and that's just the start of it. Having to take concentrated suppliments to get the nutrition I'm not getting because my digestive tract attempts to kill me. I feel like the doctor is a bit of a quack forcing his suppliments on me, saying they are far superior. I will be seeing the other doctor in the near future.

Tomorrow morning I have to wake up bright and early for more labs. I have a rheumy appointment on Wednesday and a possible appointment with other doctor in quack practice. On Friday I have an appointment with a gastrointerologist. I need to call and see if there is any sort of rules I need to follow. Most specialists try to get you in for another appointment to run tests. I'm going to explain that I don't have the money to come back for multiple tests and something needs to be done now.

Medical bills from this week? A little over $1,000. If dumb ER doctors had just admitted me in the first place it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. But I just wanted to say that the EMT's were absolutely amazing to me, Tuckahoe Volunteer Rescue Squad and Lakeside Volunteer Rescue Squad. I felt terrible about using the ambulance because there are all those old people in Manor Care, near where I live, who are constantly threatening to die. Between falling out of bed and having heart attacks they probably keep y'all fairly busy. I really want to thank y'all for all of your hard work and dedication. Y'all were the nicest to me!

Loverly Lupie Me