Sometimes all I need is bed rest::-(

2:26 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
I woke up this morning, hoping to be productive since I definitely was not productive yesterday. As soon as I got out of bed to make breakfast my body said "Excuse me, but I don't think so." Yes, my body talks to me and it can be quite rude! By the time I dragged my breakfast and myself up the stairs again, I knew I would have to give into my worst enemy. Bed rest. Ugh, the thought of it makes me feel like a lazy, worthless slug. So I flopped myself into bed and resigned myself to the fact that I would be spending the rest of my day under the covers. For most people this sounds like the most delightful day, relaxing in bed, watching TV, and basically doing nothing. It's hard for me because I'm trying to get my life back and for every step forward I take, I end up taking two steps back.

I'm assuming I'm in the middle of a flare, otherwise I have the dreaded swine flu. I seriously doubt that I do though because I haven't been to Mexico, nor have I been around people who have gone there. Between the fever and the body ache I have going on, I feel as if I've been run over by a tractor trailer. Thank goodness for the news. It's great to drift in and out of sleep to. Oh and you know I'm sick when I take naps, I don't take naps, I hate naps. But here lately all I've been able to do is nap. There has to be a solution to all of this other than laying in bed and sleeping.

I probably should have added a counter to my blog from the get go, but I didn't know I could. I just realized yesterday that it was something I could do. Earlier 12 people had viewed my blog since yesterday evening. It makes me happy knowing that 12 people have read my blog! OK, maybe not read, possibly skimmed, but still, it's a start! For a while there I felt like only one or two people actually read it because hardly anyone ever comments. If you don't comment, start commenting, you don't have to have an account to my knowledge. It will let me know who's reading it and maybe we can get to know each other?

Well I can barely balance my computer on my lap and keep my eyes open. Sleep is beckoning me, again. Goodnight even though it's mid afternoon. Oh and for those of you who watch House, wasn't last night's episode fantastic? I can't wait for the season finale!

Bisous,
Erika

0 comments: